How long does Metaspray take to cure adenoids?

Pediatrician, Neonatology
ot my son history with adenoid using metaspray from 9 days. His mouth breathing is continuing with sternum moves in at night during day time I hello good morning dr. Hope you got my sons history of adenoids.due to sternal in drawing at night along with accessory muscles prominently his sternum is little gone inside with very very little rib flare . I'm totally worried he getting some abnormality with his chest to look.during day time there is no sternum in draw during breath but it is gone little inside like funnel cheast starys.......... how long it will take to see the effect of metaspray and these abnormality will be self corrected once adrnoid swelling is gone with the spray?? Or we need to for surgery immediately to avoid deformity of chest orwe need to wait for metaspray effect for 1 or 2 months.will this weighting period cause his chest defotmity to avoid or prevent until.
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 3 hours later
Brief Answer: yes let us wait and watch Detailed Answer: Hi, Yes I remember. Meta spray is s steroid spray used to reduce inflammation in upper airways. It will also prevent further attacks. But not all will respond! We have to watch the response. We have to keep the options for surgery open based on his various parameters. do not worry. He seems to be very normal in the photo. Reg in drawing only in the nights ,it should improve when adenoids regress. It will not be for ever. God bless Dr Uma
Follow-up: How long does Metaspray take to cure adenoids? 5 hours later
Thank u mam Is this sternal movements are only due to adenoids? X ray neck confirm adenoid. There will not be any lung or heart problems? need any test to rule out all. Mr pead dr and ENT DR is least bother about this when I asked to them. Your answer help us a lot.
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 5 hours later
Brief Answer: yes Detailed Answer: Hi, Clinically there is nothing in heart as per your doctors. Only way to prove is by doing an echo cardio gram. But it is not needed as your child is alright in the day time.. So do not worry. Am happy that I am of some help to you! Good luck Dr uma