How long does Dermclaim and Atarax take to cure skin rash?

Hi Doc, My daughter XXXXXXX 5+ years and Since 4 days she’s having rashes( Photos attached) all over body initially we thought these rashes may be because of summer, dust allergic, person to person infection(I mean at her school one kid had similar kind of issue) . Before this issue she had earlier 15days back severe cough and cold and we give the medicine prescribed by Doc. The medicines are have given (CRMS- Cough relief medicine, Azibact and Waltz syrup) And even we given Crocin as well for fever. Even we were thinking these rashes have caused because of overdose. But not sure. After all these issues, we have consulted the children specialist and Doc has prescribed these medicines. 1. Dermclaim 2. Atarax My only concern is how long this will take to heal these rashes, since four days over and still the rashes exist all over body. Are these medicine prescribed by Child specialist is accurate to this problem? Regards XXXX
Posted Fri, 7 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Please attach a photo Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. I have gone through the query and I am sorry to know that your child is going through health issues. Regarding the medicine dermclaim, I have never heard of this medicine. Rather there is a medicine named as dermocalm which is prescribed for itching of skin. Atarax is an anti-allergic but it can cause drowsiness. It is prescribed since the doctor is thinking that the rash is allergic. Allergic rashes usually have itching. I would rather prescribe cetirizine since it is very less drowsy. Overall the prescription seems ok. Now the kids rash appeared on 15th day after start of previous illness. It can either be a reaction to the medicines or it can be roseola. It can also be just the re-arrangement of normal flora after previous illness. Most of the rashes disappear spontaneously. To be sure of the diagnosis, I need to have a look at the photographs. Waiting for your response. Dr Vaishalee