How long does Dermclaim and Atarax take to cure body rashes?

Hi Doc, My daughter XXXXXXX 5+ years and Since 4 days she’s having rashes( Photos attached) all over body initially we thought these rashes may be because of summer, dust allergic, person to person infection(I mean at her school one kid had similar kind of issue) . Before this issue she had earlier 15days back severe cough and cold and we give the medicine prescribed by Doc. The medicines are have given (CRMS- Cough relief medicine, Azibact and Waltz syrup) And even we given Crocin as well for fever. Even we were thinking these rashes have caused because of overdose. But not sure. After all these issues, we have consulted the children specialist and Doc has prescribed these medicines. 1. Dermclaim 2. Atarax My only concern is how long this will take to heal these rashes, since four days over and still the rashes exist all over body. Are these medicine prescribed by Child specialist is accurate to this problem?
Posted Fri, 7 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello She is suffering from pityriasis roseae. It is a disease with unknown etiology and usually follows sore throat. It is just a reaction like thing and will disappear in 15 days. No specific treatment is required. The medication given by pediatrician is to control itch. It is good and you can continue with that. No change in medication is required. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you
Follow-up: How long does Dermclaim and Atarax take to cure body rashes? 48 minutes later
Thanks Doc for the quick reply and as suggested will continue with the medicine. Regards XXXX
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 18 hours later
Brief Answer: welcome Detailed Answer: You are most welcome