How long do i have to continue with the medication for partial seizure?
User rating for this question
for how long do i have to continue with this dose.
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Epilepsy
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: May be life long Detailed Answer: Dear Sir , If you have Idiopathic epilepsy (that us where no organic cause is found) , you may require a life long therapy for this epilepsy. However , a withdrawal trial might be considered after 2 years of treatment with no episodes in between of any seizure , even the partial one. Since you are having partial seizure in between also , i would not advise you to stop the medications at this stage. I assume with my experience , you might require a life long treatment specially at this age. You are already 63 years , it won't be a good idea , to stop the treatment and get hurt due to sudden epileptic attack. I hope i am able to solve your query , still if you have , you may ask me.
People also viewed
- Mechanism of action of chymoral forte
- Levipil 500mg vs frisium
- Lukemia no bowel movement action
- Can absence seizures cureable
- Action of tab ciplactin
- Drugs/medication for partial seizure
- Drugs/medication for simple partial seizure
- Children bed wetting absence seizure
- Drugs/medication for complex partial seizures
- Lesuride action in body
- Injection levipil action
- Action of udiliv cap
- Mechanism of action of levipil
- Drugs/medication for partial seizure disorders
- Knee pain in partial seizures