How long can sepsis survive in a bowel?

How long can sepsis survive in a bowel?
Can sepis occur from an operation and the person have it for a year & a half ago without dying before
that period?
Thank you.
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes sepsis can occur from an operation

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

Sepsis if well treated with antibiotics and there is no other source should resolve in a week or so

Yes sepsis can occur from an operation. No it cannot continue for such a longer period if there is no other source

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.