Ask a Urologist   »  

How long can a man go without ejaculation?

How long can a man go without ejaculation? 2-3 days? 5-6 days? A week or more?
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 52 minutes later

Thanks for query.

There are not set rules for this. One can go without it as per the personal preference. Time frame is not fixed.

Semen production is continues process and there is no store house of sperm in the human body. At times it can happen that one has nocturnal emission. This means semen comes out at night in sleep involuntary.

I hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up if you want to ask something more.

Follow-up: How long can a man go without ejaculation? 49 minutes later
It's just that I watch porn and sometimes loose interest in having sex with my wife. She's becoming really suspicious cause she knows I'm a sexual person. Sometimes a week go by before we have sex and she doesn't understand it. Now she's threatening to have me take a lie detector test. I'm trying to prove to her it's normal for a man not to ejaculate for a week.
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 15 minutes later

Good to see you back. At times some disruption in relationship can lead to decreased desire for sex with the partner. This is the commonest cause for dispute among couples.

You are right that it is normal for male not to ejaculate for a week. You are getting your desire satisfied by getting visual stimulation while watching porn, when the time comes to satisfy your partner you loose interest because of this.

Please talk to your partner, even at times you can watch such things together to add spice or variety to your sex life.

Please strike a balance between fiction and reality. Open conversation about problem will surely help both of you and will make your life enjoyable.