How long can Stieva-A be used?

How long Can Stieva-A be use, is it a product that can be used for years.
Posted Mon, 17 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 2 hours later
Stieva A contains tretinoin and can be used for photodamage, ageing, acne etc.
As such there is no mentioned time period for its use. But in most of the studies where safety profile has been studied, duration has been from six months to two year. So it can be used safely for two years. Usually in my clinical practice, I prescribe continuous application till signs of photo damage improve and then in maintenance phase can be used alternate days or two days in a week. I would advise that you consult your dermatologist to know the time duration till it should be used as his views regarding its usage may differ from mine.
Hope that answered your query.