How long can Nexpro RD be taken?

How long can we take nexpro rd 40. I am aged 48. I was advised for two months. Now again for another 3 months. Is it safe to continue nexpro rd 40 for another three months or further.
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Prasad 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Ask yourself - do you need it??? Detailed Answer: Hi, Proton pump inhibitor are widely used these days. Though there are few side effects most individuals are able to tolerate it very well even on the long run. So I don't see any serious harms with you if you continue this medicines for some more time - even 3 months or thereafter; a few people need it. But do you really need it after 2 months. I recommend my patients proton pump inhibitors for not more than 3 weeks. In presence of H.pylori infection, I extent proton pump inhibitor along with 2 other antibiotics to 2 months. I discourage them if there is no real need to take them after 2 months. So though, you can contine to take them for few more months, my suggestion to you is discuss with your doctor about its need. You may not need it after all. Hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need any other clarifications. Regards