How long after unprotected sex should i get tested for stds?

Hi Doctor, I have 2 questions:

1. 3.5 years before I had a fully protected sex with a girl and I felt very guilty and got all the STD test done and all negative, but I didnt do any test for genital warts as there is no test. I have no warts /symptoms so far. Is there any chance I may get warts after 3.5 years? I am married( got one 2.5 yrs old kid) planning to have second baby, I am scared to have second baby for this reason. is it ok?

2. I was pure after the above. Last week in my office party, they took me to Strip club and made a girl(girl with no dress) to do lapdance for 10 to 15 mins(approx) on me, I was fully clothed(except my face and hand palm). I havent touch the girls vagina or anything. just for two second she put her breast on my face and gave me slight kiss in my cheek.(there was no fluid exchange). I got worried and pushed her and came out of the place.I was very worried that I might got a risk of getting any STD like herpes, warts,scabbies and crab as these passes /transmit via skin to skin( face skin to breast skin- one to 2 second touch??) or via her skin(as she is naked) to my clothes. Please help me. I am very panic as we are trying for our second baby. I feel very disappointed for 2 days and restless. please give me answer Doctor.

thanks Please Please Please. I feel very guilty for the worst sin....Please help me with factual answer doctor
Posted Mon, 17 Dec 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 5 hours later

Thanks for writing in.
I can understand your agony but there is nothing to be worried about.
Your conscience is causing you to feel guilty and anxious but you dont have any risk of HIV or STD.

1) Incubation period of warts is within weeks to month.There is no chance in your case to get warts as it has been over three years after the exposure.

2)Regarding second incident I would like to do you had any visible ulcer/sore over hand?
Did the girl had any visible skin lesions/ulcers sores/bumps?
Was the duration of incident limited to 15 minutes?

Answer the questions and we can continue the discussion.

So far you dont have any risk of HIV or STI according to the description.

I will be available for follow up.
Follow-up: How long after unprotected sex should i get tested for stds? 5 hours later
Thank you so much doctor for question 1.

regarding question 2; Yes it is less than 15 mins.
i dont have any visible ulcer/sore. that girl also doesnt had any thing visible
. I didnt touch her genital and she also doesnt touch my genital.
Doctor, is there any chance that herpes/scabies can spread to me in the touch( not surely more than 2 secs) the touch is between her breast and my face? the same with her one second slight kiss in my cheek.

is just gentle kiss in cheek spread herpes? this incident happened on 28/11/12. How long I have to wait to know i am ok? if all ok when is the right time to try for second baby to be in safer side. the above incdent making me almost dead for past 2 days. Please doctor, please let me know by above 2nd incident, am I safe from herpes/warts/scabies etc? Please my stress level is so high now..thanks doctor
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Hi again XXXXXXX

Thanks for the details.
After going through your answers I want to reassure you that you are safe from Herpes ,warts,scabies.
The spread of this diseases requires a longer and more intimate contact than you had.
Scabies can be easily transmitted but it needs atleast a minimum of 30 minutes of very close contact.In that case also patient has to have very visible florid lesions on skin.

To summarize you dont have any risk of any STD or scabies/herpes/warts.

You can safely plan your second baby.Dont take stress.Be happy and play safe.

Take care and best of luck for your second baby.