How long after taking mifepristone and misoprostol they can be detected by a blood test?

hello, how long after taking the drugs mifepristone and misoprostol can they be detected by a blood test in a hospital for? My sister is going to have an abortion in a country where it is illegal. She has five children and does not want anymore. She is concerned she will be found out by the hospital. If they suspect an abortion has been carried out she could go to prison.
Posted Wed, 12 Dec 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 hours later
Mifepristone is a ultra short acting drug and exits the blood stream soon after.Misoprostol also is cleared from the blood stream after 48 hrs.Both are short acting and usually no tests are standardised to detect them in the system.But repeated abortions are harmful for the mother and can even cause death.I do advise that a more long term/permanent method of contraception is used.