How long after taking klonopin should I wait for the drug not to show up in a urine test?

I suffer from panic attacks and have been prescribed klonopin, I have a job interview coming up with apossible drug test,,as I do not want my condition known because it may impact the decision to hire me for this fast pase customer service position ,I would like to know how long it takes to clear this medication from my system if I should be required to take a drug test.
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It needs at least 10-12 days. Detailed Answer: Hi there, thanks for asking. Clonopine has a half life of 24 to 48 hours. It takes at least 5 half life which could be 10 days that medication level reaches the 3 percent of the amount you have been taking. To keep the safe side, it is recommended that you add several more days to this calculation. Let me know if you have any more question. I wish you best of luck in the interview.
Follow-up: How long after taking klonopin should I wait for the drug not to show up in a urine test? 34 hours later
I did not understand your answer so I called a pharmacist and was told that three days should be enough time for the drug not to show up in a urine test,so now I am realy confused. could you explain this in laymans terms? my dosage is 1mg tab 3xdaily
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 38 hours later
Brief Answer: It depends on the amount you are using. Detailed Answer: Hi again, After three days, you still will have half of the medication you have taken three days ago in your blood. If you wait more, you will have less dose of that medication in your blood. Best wishes.