How long after taking atavan should I take atarax and methadone?

Jul 2013

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
How long after taking atavan do I have to wait to take my bedtime dose of atarax & methadone ?
Posted Thu, 17 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Drug interactions tend to occur.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

The only reason for spacing the medications while taking different formulations is to avoid drug interactions.

There are no known MAJOR & SIGNIFICANT drug interactions between Ativan (lorazepam) and Atarax (Hydroxyzine). Generally, atleast an hour of spacing is necessary between two drugs of different classes. However, its always wise to consult your treating physician and follow his orders.

Using Methadone together with Ativan may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery. So, it is not advisable to take both these medications simultaneously.

Hope I have addressed your query. Happy to help further