How long after a tummy tuck can I use the treadmill?

I'm getting a tummy tuck,,how long will it be before i can get back on my tread mill?Question (2) I'm 42 and i have somewhat terrible cystic acne ..What is the best thing on the mark to stop this from happening perscription pills-creams-gels or both?
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: may need a combination of oral and topical Detailed Answer: HI, thanks for using healthcare magic In general ,light to moderate physical activity can be restarted 2 to 4 weeks after this surgical procedure. Low intensity exercises normally would not place a lot of strain on the abdomen. Some persons can start earlier, it depends on the recovery period. Since the rate of recovery may vary, you may want to speak to your doctor before restarting your fitness regimen. Acne occurs due to a combination of 4 factors: (1) excess sebum production . Sebum is an oily waxy substance made in the glands of the skin. (2)inflammation of the skin (3)infection with a particular bacteria called propioibacterium acnes (4)blockage of the follicles due the excess sebum For severe acne a combination of oral and topical medications may be needed- the topical treatment can include (1)clindoxyl gel- this contains an antibiotic as well as benzoyl peroxide (helps with inflammation and bacteria), this can be combined with adalapene (a topical retinoid). Used once daily The skin can get slightly irritated with initial use in some persons but this would normally settle. Orally-your doctor may consider the use of isotretinoin , this is very effective for severe acne.It reduces sebum production by 70% and also reduces inflammation and works against the bacteria. You would need a prescription from your doctor for this. I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions