How long a person can survice with left cervical rib?

Spine Surgeon
i am already 28 years old
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 9 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
First of all its not a life threatening problem and nothing to do with survival. Again if the problem been diagnosed then it it easily treated with excision of the rib. Totally curable solution. You may need to consider doing a MRI to confirm the problem. Cervical rib on Xray is more often an incidental finding rather than a culprit. Thanks.
Follow-up: How long a person can survice with left cervical rib? 19 minutes later
Hi Doctor,

Thanks for the answer.I have read so many posts and found that even if we live life will be hell with pains all the time thats what i am feeling right now.Seems like i can die anytime due to the nerve compression and blood clot.

Sir definately i will get MRI done for the spine and continue my struggling with it.Dont know what will happen.Ever since i knew that i had cervical rib my guarantee and warranty on my life is gone.

Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 18 minutes later
Please get a MRI cervical spine and brachial plexus to confirm diagnosis.Cervical rib is totally curable so need to have positive thinking toward this issue.