How is wax from the ears removed ?

i have dump of wax in my right ear, & i am suggested to use Coldibiotic t remove it, but from last three days i am using three times day but still unable to remove all wax from my ear, please suggest.
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 9 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

Sometimes when wax builds up in the ear it can become quite hard and difficult to remove. Let me caution you not to insert anything into the ear to try to remove the wax as it is possible to injure the eardrum while doing so.

If you can obtain some carbamide peroxide solution from your pharmacy this works wonderfully to soften the wax so it will eventually fall out. If you cannot find this solution you can mix a solution of clean water with hydrogen peroxide - 50/50 mix - and put a few drops in the ear three times daily for 3 days. This will sometimes work also but the carbamide is the best way to go. It sometimes comes under a name brand of Debrox.

If your symptoms persist or if you develop decreased hearing or pain or fever you should see your doctor.

I thank you again for submitting the query and hope my answer has served to be both helpful and informative. Should you have additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Galamaga.
Follow-up: How is wax from the ears removed ? 33 minutes later
but i am using clodibiotic right now, please suggest is it good of i hav to switch to carbamide.
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 5 hours later
I recommend you switch to the carbamide as it is superior.

Thanks again for the query. I am still here for you if you have additional concerns.

Dr. Galamaga
Follow-up: How is wax from the ears removed ? 11 hours later
Dear sir
i did not found carbamide at my local place,please suggest substitute .
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 10 hours later
Hello and thanks for the followup.

You can ask for the ear drops any good brand available containing benzocaine , chlorbutol , and paradichlorobenzene which is equally effective.

Dr. Galamaga