How is viral conjunctivitis treated ?

My 4 year old started with a sore puffy eye on Monday, it gradually got worse, is now very red inside but no discharge at all, he has also had a temperature and sickness since Tuesday although the temperature had now dropped. He also aches all over - even his feet he says.
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

Thanks for your query,

The symptoms your kid has, give me clue into the fact that he has Viral conjunctivitis. The symptoms are very typical.

The condition is self limiting does not need any specific treatment other than keeping the eye clean and avoid putting finger into it as it may lead into inoculation of bacteria and cause super added bacterial infection over the susceptible field created by the virus.

You can fasten the healing by applying Anti inflammatory drops like KETORLAC or FLUR two drops in both eyes twice a day for three days.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.
Follow-up: How is viral conjunctivitis treated ? 3 hours later
Sorry, clearly this is not conjunctivitis.There is no discharge at all & I am more concerned that he's had a temperature & is still vomiting.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
Hi again,

I am sorry ,I perceived that the soreness is inside the eye with congestion .
If it is possible for you to send the images of the eye affected, i shall be think specifically.Kindly send it to YYYY@YYYY with Sub: Attn Dr Raju.

Will wait for the same.