How is urethra bleeding treated ?

I had intercourse three nights ago and it was rough. At one time my partner was trusting and he missed and hit something. I thought I was ok but then I went to the bathroom and I was bleeding a lot. I noticed it was coming from the side of my urine hole. It stoped that night but now everytime I pee I bleed. Will it heal on its own?

Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for the query.

This is a very common injury which can occur after vigorous sexual intercourse. What very likely happened is that the friction caused a minor urethra. It may have torn the edge of the urethra as well.

Let me reassure you that this will certainly heal. Your body is busy getting this under control right now and the healing cells will restore the injured tissue. I expect that within 5 days you will be symptom free.

In the meantime rest, eat a healthy well balanced diet and carry on your normal life. I hope you have found this reaponse to be helpful and informative and I thank you again for submitting the query.

Dr. Galamaga