How is tuberculosis treated ?

General Surgeon
Hi I am 30 year old,69 kg,5ft 2" female & got married 4 years back in Dec'2006.
1. I had 1st concieved in 2008 and after 7 months , IUGR was detected and premature baby was born after 33 weeks..After 25 days baby died due to infection and low platelet count.
2. After 1 month i had suffered from ITP as my platelet count went done to 7000.Then I was treated with IVIG and till then my platelet count is OK.
3. After that I had concieved twice ( 2010 & Mar'2011) but after 2 months had both missed abortion.
4. Last time i had done the PCR test & Karyotyping test for POC on May'2011.Karyotyping was normal where as PCR tb DNA test was positive.
Please help what shall I do now?
when can I concieve now?Please advice..
Shall I go for another TB test.Which one?
Is there any other chance or hope?
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 58 minutes later

As you have been properly been treated for ITP & your platelets counts are normal after that ,so this don`t appear to have any thing to do with recurrent missed abortion.      

First IUGR baby, with premature delivery( died due to infection& low platelets count) ,followed by two missed abortion.

As Karyotyping of product of conceptions is normal ,so it rules out any chromosomal abnormality in the fetus..

As tuberculosis is very common in India and tuberculosis of uterus & other genitourinary system is also common.

So many patients from well do family turns out to be tubercular on investigation for infertility and recurrent abortion and respond very well to treatment & complete their family.

As PCR TB DNA is positive ,so possibility of tuberculosis the causing factors can`t be ruled and appear to be the sole cause. .Another test for tuberculosis are immunoglobulin .
Are you taking Anti-tubercular treatment or not

Patients treated with ATT conceive even during the treatment or before the completion of treatment .

Don`t loose hope, there are good chance of conception after treatment .

Continue treatment & try for conception .

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.