How is tonsillitis treated ?

Question
My Son has got fever 5th time since January.
Age : 5 Yrs.
January last week : We did a Root Canal on one his tooth.
He had fever after 4 days of root canal( Doctor confirmed as Viral )
Again he got fever in Feb 2nd week( Doctor confirmed as Viral ).
Later he got fever in Mar 2nd week( Doctor confirmed as Viral )
Later he got fever in April 3rd week( Doctor confirmed as Viral ).
We had to do another root canal because he was complaining about tooth pain.
Now he has fever. Currently he is in Chennai for vacation. I would request you to suggest a good doctor in chennai where he can personally visit.

Thanks and regards,
XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX

It is less likely for your child to have repetitative episodes of fever due to viral infection.

There is need for him to be examined and investigation with blood tests.

I do recommend you to two of the best pediatrician in Chennai, who can help you here.

Dr R XXXXXXX MD, DCH, DNB, MRCP(UK)
1 XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Road,
Off eldams Road ,
Chennai-0000.
Phone No.044-044 0000
or

Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
T. Nagar,, 42, Malony Road,, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 0000
044 2434 2928.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.

Follow-up: How is tonsillitis treated ? 1 hour later
We had got his Blood test and Urine test done thrice during the five episodes , all the time report showed kind of Viral infection. We will defenetely XXXXXXX the Doctor recommended by you. May be just a concern about the Fever.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for getting back to me.

Ok, do present the old blood reports and the urine reports to the doctor at the time of consultation , it will help in further management.

As for the fever do give him Tylenol ( Paracetamol ) of about 1000mg / day on XXXXXXX in 4 divided doses each after food. This will take care of the fever, but for the complete recovery a complete consultation and evaluation of the child by the specialist is recommend.

Wishing him good health.

Follow-up: How is tonsillitis treated ? 20 hours later
Dear Sir,

What we have observed is that the during the all the five episodes my son has had Ice Cream and one of the time he has had cold water from the refrigerator( a day or two before he gets fever). I have a doubt about infection on his tonsils.
Anyway thanks for your help , i will get him checked by the experts by this week.

Thanks and regards,
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 16 hours later

Yes XXXXXXX You may be right in considering one probability of it being due to tonsils.