How is tinea cruris treated ?

I have a rash on inner thighs , just below genitals under the
Underwear line both sides
Lots white bumps, look almost like goosebumps
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 4 hours later

Thank you for the query,

Rashes on the inner thigh just below the underwear line ,seems most probably be a fungal infection known as TINEA CRURIS .

This is more common in humid weather conditions ,and especially if one sweats a lot.

If you can send me a close up picture of the lesion then probably I can help you further in this.You can send it at YYYY@YYYY do mention "ATTN Dr.Bharat chawda" as subject.Also kindly reply to this post saying that you have mailed a picture.

I would also like to know few things here :
1)Is there any itching over the rashes.
2) What is your age.
3) Have you tried any medication till now.

Treatment of this would be to keep the area very clean and dry. Underwear should be washed in warm water .
You should apply anti- fungal powder over the lesion in the morning and a anti-fungal cream at night.
Oral anti-fungal would be a better choice to give you a faster relief.

Kindly reply me with the answers & the pictures if possible ,as this will help me in suggesting you better.

Dr.Bharat chawda