How is tightness in the vagina during intercourse prevented ?

Oncologist
Question
My wife and I have been married for 2 years now. When we do she’s too tight that I hurt her. Every time we try to it's really painful.i need doctor help
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 39 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.

Your question is a good one and one that affects many couples.

First we have to try to think of the cause of this painful intercourse issue. As I am sure you are aware she needs to be fully stimulated and lubricated prior to attempting penetration. If she is not generating adequate lubricant you can purchase an over the counter synthetic lubricant which can decrease the level of friction and promote ease of entry. Common brand names of this include KY Jelly.

If it is more a matter of her being nervous she may need some counseling by a psychologist to work on techniques of relaxation.

Another possible thing you could do is work on dilator therapy. This is where you purchase dilators of varying width and insert the smaller one first followed by a gradual increase in size to larger one which might be comparable to your own penis.

If you are her first - she may still have an intact hymen which has not been broken. This can make intercourse difficult. I encourage you to have her see her gynecoclogist for a pelvic exam to evaluate for that.

Thanks again for the query. I hope this answer is both helpful and informative. Should you have further questions I would be happy to address them.

Sincerely,

Dr. Galamaga