How is soft tissue injury to the head treated ?

I banged the side of my head near the temple area on my car roof when getting in now i have pressure and head ache on left side of head and pressure behing eye its been 3 days and i still feel dizzy and foggy ive been to ER twice and they siad i was ok but im not convinced , my hands shake a little aswell when i went to hospital they just checked my blood pressure and made be do some simple tests but im worried as ive heard peaple get turned away then die from complications
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

Since you are feeling headache and a pressure on the site of injury it means some damage due to the injury is definitely there. Feeling foggy might be due to the raised pressure inside your head as a result of swelling or minor bleeding after injury.

It is best to go for a CT-scan of your head to rule out any major injury so that early treatment can be given in case of any abnormality.

Most of the head injuries are minor and do resolve on their own without any treatment within a fortnight. Still you can self monitor yourself for any detrimental symptoms like extreme headache, unconsciousness, bleeding from mouth, nose or ear, vomiting, hemorrhage seen in the white of eye, etc. and go to ER in case any of these symptoms appear.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.
Follow-up: How is soft tissue injury to the head treated ? 52 minutes later

Thank you for getting back to me the headache is not bad and it started today third day after hitting head but I am still a little dizzy and the pressure is still there i can feel it in the side of my nose and behind the eye , it is the middle of the night would you reccomend going back to er its just when I wentvthe second time they did not offer a ct scan
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 26 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

Just feeling of a pressure behind the eye and nose might be due to the CT scan done for you.

Sincerely, hope it will help.

Wishing you an early recovery.