How is skin pigmentation treated ?

Question
About 6 years ago, I got sun poisoning. After I healed, I noticed I had what I thought were 3-5 1" round scars just under my breast line. They are light brown in color, as I am white. They are not raised and do not itch or burn nor do they ever change color. They are just there. I thought they were scars but now I seem to have quite a few more in the same general region. None of them are on my breasts, only below and 1 or 2 to the sides. What are they, how did I get them and how do I get rid of it?
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Pigmentation Problems

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 21 minutes later
Hello.

The rounded pigmentation spots under the breast line are most likely the pigmentation resulting from allergy may be due to the use of some fabric of your tight undergarments. Using tight undergarments constantly also leads to such pigmentation specially due to decreased blood supply for long periods.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.

Follow-up: How is skin pigmentation treated ? 14 minutes later
They are further below the bra line, about from the bra-line to 2" down more where the bra doesn't touch. How do I get rid of the circles?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

For the treatment of these marks-

1. Apply sunscreen lotion regularly.
2.Raw potato juice, mashed avocado, cocoa butter, lime juice and honey can be applied daily to the area.
3.Take about 20 volume of hydrogen peroxide to which add about two tablespoonful of milk powder and then mix it with a few drops of glycerine. Apply this mix on the pigmented areas and let it remain for 20 minutes. Then rinse the skin with water and subsequently apply moisturizer.
4. Take same amount of vinegar and use for cleansing the skin. Rinse the skin and let it dry naturally by air. The acetic acid in the vinegar will help in getting rid of the dark color and also allows the skin to remain radiant as well as smooth. XXXXXXX cider vinegar as well as natural vinegars are beneficial for treating this health condition.
5. Mix a Vitamin E capsule with some drops of castor oil and spread the content over the affected parts.
6.Onion juice is also very good. Mix equal amount of vinegar and apply the content on the affected area.

Wish you an early recovery.

Follow-up: How is skin pigmentation treated ? 1 hour later
I will definetly try some of these remidies.

Are the circles bacterial or a type of fungus? Is there a common name for them? I would ask a local dermatologist or doctor but I do not have insurance at the moment.

Thank you.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Hello.

Thanks for writing back.

The circles are unlikely to be infective in nature. They do not seem to be due to bacterial or fungal infection.

These are more likely to be hyperpigmented areas which need skin lightening treatment. And they usually respond very well.

Wish you an early recovery.