How is sex addiction treated ?

ENT Specialist
I am a virgin till now. But my desire to do sex is increasing day by day for past 4-5 years.My age is 27 year and I am getting desperate to do sex which is increasing everyday. Should i do sex with my Girl friend or any other girl. I still have atleast 2 more years left for my marriage. It can be more also. Now only masturbation is not satisfying me. Plz suggest me what to do.
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 14 minutes later

Thanks for the query,

Your age is 27 years, and at this age, it is obvious for sexual desire.

Let me tell you the reason for this.
The testes in the body of males starts secreting the male hormone from puberty , this hormone is called as testosterone and it is responsible for the development of secondary sexual characters and the sexual desire.

In your case it is not abnormal, dont worry about this. Regarding having sex with anyone there are many legal and moral issues . But you will have to take precautions against sexually transmitted diseases.

Keeping that in mind you can take decision to have sex. Medically there is no harm in doing that.

Hope, this will clear your query, and i am ready for future followups(if any).

Follow-up: How is sex addiction treated ? 7 hours later
yes. i will take care of sexually transmitted diseases. I will ensure that i use the best condoms available. But as I am controlling it for past few years, i am unable to do so. I try to masturbate 5-6 times a day. but still the desire is increasing.
and i want to know what other precautions i should take apart from condom while doing sex to prevent sexually transmitted diseases. and should i also take viagra before doing sex.
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 2 hours later
Hi again,

Well, there is no need to take viagra, it is sildafil citrate, it increases the blood circulation to penis, and is responsible for erection of penis. You have no history of erection problem.

For sexually transmitted disease, always use contraceptive measures and avoid sex with multiple sex partners.

Reduce your frequency of masturbation, it will harm your health adversely.

Hope this answer will help you.

Wish you a good health.