How is rosacea treated ?

Hello, I am 55 post menopausal female and I have never had any skin problems all my life, however I now get these rough scaly spots skin color that get worse during hot weather and during physical exertion, and then go down when I am cool and rested. They are mainly under my left eyebrow around my left eye, above my upper lip. My doctor think I should have laser treatment, is this advisable? What do you think they are?
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 4 hours later
Hello Sevillavilla,
Thanks for your query,

By your description it sounds like rosacea. And the scaliness and redness you get during physical exertion and hot weather is well associated with it.
Do you see these changes when you sip hot coffee?
Laser treatment would be an over aggressive treatment at this point. Medical treatment is usually the first line of therapy. But some patients do not respond. Only then, Lasers are a good idea.
Discuss the option of medical treatment with your doc. You may also mail your pics to me at YYYY@YYYY addressed to Sub:ATTN Dr Gaurang Krishna.

Hope i have answered your queries,