How is premature graying of hair controlled ?

Question
I am 26 years old and my I have a lot of white hair and I know the reason because i used to bleach my hair a lot so maybe its damaged..but I used to have a thick long hair and now its too thin and growing too slow...so does white hair grow thin?..and whats the solution to get my long thick hair back?...also i stoped bleaching my hair for over a year...thanks
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Hair Loss

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 43 minutes later
Hello.

Let me provide you with some information and reassurance. It is certainly not uncommon for one to have premature graying of hairs. It cannot be attributed to use of bleaching agents completely. Lack of proper care and nutrition is a more common reason of greying and thinning of hairs.
White hairs are not always thin. The texture of hairs reflects the nutritional status of a person.

You can follow some simple measures to help your hairs grow better -
1. Take a high protein diet. You can also apply raw egg on your hairs one hour before washing them for good lusture and to coverthe damaged parts.
2. Take iron and zinc supplements.
3. Avoid exposure to direct sun for long durations.
4. Keep your hairs covered outdoors to avoid damage from dust , etc.

With regards to getting black hairs back: there is no medicine which can help in changing the color of hairs except for using a good quality hair dyes. Plenty of good quality hair dyes are available in the market these days. You may use them. Medications or oral supplements do not help in treating grey hairs.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.

Regards.