How is premature ejaculation treated ?

how can i treat premature ejaculation.I can do sexual contact only 2-3 mts. Then ejaculation occurs.
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Premature Ejaculation
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Hello Jiss.

Some clinicians treat a premature ejaculation if it is less than a minute, in that order you are doing well. Some clinicians treat if either of the partners are not satisfied before withdrawl.

It has been seen that premature ejaculation is more of a psychological problem rather than physical in younger men (Age 30). Anxiety is found as the cause most often.

Good couple intimacy is the necessary to reduce the problem. Partner's help, mutual masturbation, communication therapy are all found to be helpful.

Master and Johnson's technique - start and stop techniques have been suggested to all patients having premature ejaculation. Most patients have reported improvement after practicing this technique. You may also use them during sexual intercourse.

Other measures suggested are:

1. Use of desensitizing agents such as delay cream.
2. If the drug cure is needed, then Dapoxetine - a short-acting selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) is the approved drug used for this purpose. You can discuss this with a Psychiatrist or Primary physician in your area.
3. Preventive methods include performing routines such as Kegel exercises, which, as mentioned, relate to gaining voluntary control of the PC muscle. Thus giving a person more control over ejaculation.

Since it is the most common sexual problem amongst men, most primary care physicians learnt to treat them. Else you may discuss these issues with an Urologist / Psychiatrist. You may also get the aforementioned drugs prescribed by them.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.

Follow-up: How is premature ejaculation treated ? 8 hours later
what are the side effects of Dapoxetine. Is it a long term treatment. Can I stop it after some courses ?

Is it safe to use delaying creams. Is there any side reacctions ?

How can I do kegal exercise effectively? Could you please explain the steps.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Dapoxetine is well tolerated with very few side effects, the most common side effects that you may experience are headache, dizziness, nausea or diarrhea.

In case you have side effects, you should know that it is not for long term so you should not be worried. Dapoxetine is absorbed in body and leaves the body quite quick.

It is not necessary to use Dapoxetine on a long term basis. Once you become accustomed and the premature ejaculation reduces you can gradually stop taking the drug.

Delaying creams are also a good and safe option. You can use them as frequently as you want to.
Regarding the steps of kegel exercises it is best to see the videos and then to learn properly how to do them. The videos are freely available in the market or you can order the CDs on the internet also.