Ask a Urologist   »  

How is phimosis treated ?

General Surgeon
I am uncircumsized, when i pull the skin all the way back over the head, on the back part where it seems like the skin is attached to the head all around it, it looks like the skin is a little white, also while the skin is pulled back the head of my penis has a white spot on it too. then if i masturbate to often i get a small tear on the skin and it hurts or it is quite difficult to pull my skin back again. i dont have unprotected sex and this has been going on for some time. ultimately i understand i will have to visit a doctor, but i like to know what i'm up against before the visit.
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 6 hours later

Inability and difficulty in pulling back fore skin is due to two reason on phimosis ( i.e. tight skin with small hole )or tight frenulum on under side of penis ( a tag of skin or mucosa attaching foreskin to the glans penis) In both cases person faces difficulty or pain during masturbation & even during sex. Forceful pulling of foreskin causes small tear ,again a painful condition.As you can`t pull the foreskin properly & easily , regular cleaning of glans penis can`t be done leading to some infection & collection need circumcision to correct your problem.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Follow-up: How is phimosis treated ? 12 hours later
infection: would that explain the white on the skin by the frenulum? if so, is there a medication other than a cream I may take? I thank you for your response Dr. I know i should still visit my Dr. but I just wanted to be sure it wasn't any form of STD.
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 40 minutes later
Nice to hear from you again

There are certain glands in the corona glandis which produce secretions. They may get deposited as while material if not cleaned regularly especially in cases of phimosis where the foreskin is not retractable completely. They are referred to as 'Smegma'. Smegma has potential to get infected.

Based on your description, the possibility of infection cannot be ruled out. So early consultation with your doctor is recommended.

STD are possible only if you had unprotected unsafe sex.

‘Hope I have answered your query,

“Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”

Follow-up: How is phimosis treated ? 2 hours later
I clean myself everyday, in the shower i pull the skin back and wash with soap. The white material is not something i can wash off. it seems as if it's part of the skin.
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 2 hours later

Cleaning the glans after pulling the skin back is a good habit.Most of time white material is smegma a secretion of glands present in the corona glandis.Generally it can be cleaned or removed with soap & water .If you are unable to do it .it may be some infectious material either fungal or chronic purulent.Apply some anti fungal & anti bacterial cream.But you must consult the surgeon to treat your basic problem. Rest will disappear automatically

Hope I have answered your query, Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery.