Ask a Urologist   »  

How is penis chafing cured?

I have penis chafing, what can I use to cure it?
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Radhika 44 minutes later

Chafing is skin irritation that occurs where skin rubs against skin, clothing, or other material.
Avoid coarse clothing. Wear 100% cotton fabric against your skin.

Eliminate friction against your skin by using appropriate clothing for the activity you are involved in (for example, athletic tights or cycling shorts).
Avoid activity that is causing chafing unless it is part of your typical lifestyle, exercise routine, sporting, or other activity.

Wear clean and dry clothing. Dried sweat, chemicals, dirt, and other debris may actually be causing the irritation.

Temporarily use petroleum jelly, baby powder or an over the counter Zinc oxide cream as a lubricant on chafed areas of your skin. You can also use these agents before activity to prevent chafing in easily irritated areas. Application of steroid creams may also help.

If it continues or causes any redness, you need to show to a Dermatologist.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.