How is pain in the throat from swallowing tablets treated ?

ENT Specialist
Doctor, i have a pill stuck in my throat, it feels like it's either in my adnoid or a wee bit belovw my XXXXXXX XXXXXXX I've been drinking warm fluids for about 4hours and eating varous types of foods, nothing seems to be working? I'm borderline panic attack, please help.
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 1 hour later

Thanks for the query,

Actually, taking a large sized pill or taking pill will less amount of water can produce irritation in the oro-esophageal pathway, as the pill advances.

In reality the pill is not stuck, it has now passed to the stomach, but due to irritation caused by it , you are constantly getting symptoms of sticky sensation in throat.

Secondly, every pill has a tendency to dissolve in water, so there is no chance that it is stuck in the throat.

Dont worry for this condition, the following instructions will be useful to you-
1- take some antacid with anesthetic syrup.
2- Take tablet ambroxol 60 mg twice a day.
Just for 2 days and believe me you will be all rite.

There is no need to panic, it is a very common condition and we encounter with patients with similar problems frequently.

Hope this will help you out. I will be available for followups should you have additional concerns. any).