How is nerve weakness in the thighs treated ?

58 year old male for several months been experiencing an intermittent but regular feeling of vibration in my right thigh, like a cell phone vibrating. No pain. Otherwise fit and healthy, not overweight or on any medication.
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later

Thanks for your query,

If its the numbness or sensation of pins and needles you are having in the thigh I could say it could be due to weakness in the nerves .

This is well corrected by taking Multivitamin supplements specially ones with Vit B12.

Also i do suggest you to consult a neurologist to rule out peripheral neuropathy which do present the same way in the early times.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.