How is nerve compression and irritation treated ?

Hi, I have been diagnosed with GAD, I have been on meds for the past 7 months with absolutely no symptoms are pain/burning sensation from neck down the back and arms, sometimes numbness in fingers, unexplained shakiness in the morning (same time everyday), feeling like i want to sleep all of the time (think that is the result of the meds), no depression, no loss of interest, I want to feel better. Testing I have had done,,,MRI, normal....hormones, normal...Xray of neck, normal....blood work(whatever that is) normal...I am very frustrated and need a second opinion.
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 27 minutes later

The pain and burning sensation from neck down the arms and upto the fingers is suggestive of a neural ( nerve compression or nerve irritation related) cause. Even if the X-ray of neck is normal, still the nerve involvement symptoms may be there due to soft tissue swelling or due to inflammation in the nerve itself.

These neural pains are a challenging thing to treat as careful examination is needed to ascertain the level of nerve involvement. You can take some anti-inflammatory and analgesic like acetaminophen after discussing about this with your physician and till you see your neurophysician.

To overcome the excessive sleepy feeling during daytime, you can change the kolonipin to some better option with lesser day time sedation after consulting with your physician.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.