How is my cholesterol and triglyceride level?

My total cholesterol is 158 triglycerides 107 hdl 42 and ldl 95. How are my numbers
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Cholesterol
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 2 hours later

From the reports that you have given, your lipid profile looks very encouraging and promising. The target is to keep the LDL ( low density lipoproteins ) cholesterol below 100 and HDL ( High density lipoproteins) above 40 in a female to prevent coronary artery disease. You are comfortably meeting those targets.

However to keep the cholesterol at those levels, you need to do a regular exercise, eat more fruits and salads and avoid sweets and fried foods.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up query.