How is mild endogenous dermatitis treated ?

Hi, I have a really stressful teaching job and wonder if the hot, itchy rash I can wake up with on my neck - which is now spreading to my chin/lower face - could be work-related. Please advise.
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 18 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX Marlow,
Thanks for the query,

You need to be more elaborate about your rash.
1.For how long have you been having this rash?
2.Is it just redness or are there any fluid filled blisters.
3.Is it only itchy or is it painful too?
4.Is it restricted to one side of the face only??

Normally skin rashes are not related to stress. But a disease known as herpes zoster is precipitated by rash. I need to see a picture of the lesion to be more specific. It will be of great help if you can kindly send a clear pic of the rash to YYYY@YYYY sub: attn dr XXXXXXX

Follow-up: How is mild endogenous dermatitis treated ? 3 hours later
Sorry for lack of previous details.

I have experienced irregular occasions of rash during last year. However, frequency and severity is increasing. Originally it starts in the creases of my neck showing as red and itch lines, invariably on first getting up. It would lessen with anti-histamine, cool flannel and moisturiser as rash is hot, itchy and shows often as a type or urticaria. I would have it for about 2-3 hours. Often on waking my neck and now chin is "crusty" due to night time itching and weeping of the skin.
I feel the frequency is increasing along with the severity of the symptoms, only this weekend the rash has spread covering the whole of the front of my neck and up my chin - a cold bag of peas wrapped in a t-towel gave relief!
To answer your questions:
redness yes but no fluid filled blisters

Please see the photos - not very good Im afraid as this is the day after a real outbreak yesterday.

Some relief today!

Kind regards

Kirsty Marlow
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 39 minutes later
Hello Kirsty Marlow,

Thanks for your reply and the pics. I have seen them.

The picture and your symptoms most probably suggests mild endogenous dermatitis compounded by friction.

It has got nothing to do with stress.

It may happen to anyone. You need not worry about it as it is not very serious.

Use a mild steroid cream once daily and I think you will be fine.

Hope my suggestions have helped you. I will be available for your follow up queries if any.

Thanks and Regards.