How is lichen planus and phimosis treated ?

I am 60 years old. have suffered from Lichen Planus for over 20 years. Mainly affecting my lower legs just now. Have noticed lengthwise lesions and slight tightness of the foreskin when retracting recently. Not painful but tingling when passing urine and slight itch. Have suffered penile warts in the past with successful treatment and no reccurance. No discharge or bleeding.
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later

From the symptoms that you have described, phimosis seems likely to be the cause of your non sliding of foreskin which is a constriction of the opening of the foreskin so that it cannot be drawn back over the tip of the penis. It can also be due to scarring of the foreskin usually seen to be associated with recurrent infections.

Treatment of phimosis skin involves application of vitamin E creams and steroid creams like betamethasone but steroids should always be used under prescription.

Personal hygiene is very important. Clean under the retractable foreskin and always reduce it to cover the glans after cleaning. If symptoms persist then surgical treatment like circumcision and perputioplasty may be required.

I suggest you to get it examined from a dermatologist and get the treatment prescribed.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.