How is itching and skull depression treated ?

I am a 40 year old women in good health and shape. I have developed an indent on the top of my skull over the past few months. It is getting longer and wider. its about 2-3" long and about a 1/4" wide. It has begun itching and is getting deeper. what causes this to happen?
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 23 minutes later

Thanks for the Query.

As I believe the more information a person gives the better is the doctor reply and thus satisfaction. Hence please answer the following…
1.) Did you sustain any Injury there in the recent past?
2.) Is it Tender?
3.) Do you suffer with Headaches due to this?
4.) Are there any similar swellings anywhere else on your Body?

According to the description provided, there are various causes to produce similar symptoms:
1.) Scalp Injury
2.) Keratocanthoma
3.) Blister
4.) Allergic Dermatitis
5.) Allergy to the soap or shampoo you use

All these have to be ruled out, kindly get yourself examined by a Dermatologist so that he/she may examine you and Order few tests like:
1.) Complete Blood Work
2.) Urinalysis
3.) Biopsy (If necessary)

Once confirmed, the treatment will depend upon the cause. If it is secondary to any offending agent, removing it will help along with symptomatic treatment. Your Treating Doctor will be able to explain it to you better.

In rare cases, your Doctor might consider Surgery, if it is bothering you.

I would like to provide you with specific suggestions after knowing the answers to the above questions as the details would help me in suggesting you better.

Awaiting your response.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.