How is hepetiti C trasmitted?

Gastroenterologist
Question
DEAR DOCTOR, MY ALT IS 98,AST 68 WHILE GGT is 378. I have been drinking fairly much but I am not an alcoholic. I AM 28 YEARS OLD AND 94 KG. I am afraid of having hepatit C ALTOUGH I NEVER INJECTED ANYTHING IN MY LIFE.CAN IT BE TRANSMITTED IF SOOMEBODY SCRATCHES YOU WITH ITS NAIL? SORRY FOR SILLY QUESTION . VERY CONCERNED PLEASE ANSWER
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: High liver pannel caused by alcohol.. Detailed Answer: Hi, I read your medical history carefully and understood your concerns. I also thank you for sharing your concerns with XXXXXXX Everybody has the right to ask and to get answered. No question is considered as "silly" but as a right to get informed. Now, you are saying to weigh 94 kg and to be drinking fairly. Please take note that regular consumption of alcohol can give high Transaminases although not being a chronic alcoholist. Furthermore, being overweight can cause your liver to get fatty, which might also raise your TA. With regards to hep.C, it is commonly transmitted through injections, sexual intercourse, and blood transfusion. There is almost 0 possibility to get infected with Hep.C through scratching unless the other person would have open wounds in the hands. To put you at peace, I'd suggest to - do the anti-HCV testing, together with - repeating of liver enzymes testing after 6-8 weeks - avoid drinking alcohol - be more physically active - follow a healthy diet All the best! Dr.Klerida Please feel free to share with me other concerns you might have! I'd be happy to assist you further!