How is granuloma treated ?

I recently got my tragus pierced and a few days a bump appeared, I've been doing some research and it may be something called Granuloma! Its red in colour and tender to the touch! What can I do to get rid of this 'bump'
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later

Granuloma is a common complication seen after piercing. It can either be pyogenic- with drainage of pus and is infective or allergic in origin due to allergy to the metal used in piercing.

Initially a conservative treatment is followed by keeping the area clean, local antibiotic ointment and systemic oral antibiotics along with antiallergics like cetrizine are prescribed. Please see your GP regarding this.

If there is no relief, then electroablation may be needed. This can only be decided after proper examination of the lesion by a surgeon.

I hope you have found my answer and recommendations to be both adequate and helpful. Should you have additional questions I am available to address them.