How is gangrene on the tongue treated ?

I think that my husband has gangrene on his tongue, but am not sure or what that looks like. Is this possible
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Gangrene of the tongue is an extremely rare phenomenon because of its excellent blood supply. It presents with the blackening of the oral tongue along with an extremely foul smell from the mouth.
The speech of the patient is affected, and the movement of the anterior part of the tongue will be lost.
Please visit your physician to undergo physical check up and also to undergo relevant investigations required in this case.
Earlier the diagnosis, better will be the treatment.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.