How is erectile dysfunction in men treated ?

i i can not perform in bed at all ,i can not iven remember the last time i have sex
please help
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Abhijeet Deshmukh, 4 hours later

Since your questions does not have details of your problem, I assume you are having one or more of the following.

1) Erectile Dysfunction - This condition involves difficulty in achieving and maintaining erection.

2) Premature Ejaculation - This condition involves ejaculation immediately on penetration or even before penetration.

Anxiety associated with performance of the sexual act can be a reason why you are not able to perform. However, you may also need to rule out any medical causes that might lead to sexual problems.

Please write back to us with more details of your problems, so that we can help you better.

Dr Abhijeet Deshmukh
Follow-up: How is erectile dysfunction in men treated ? 26 hours later
hi docter can you please give me details of any docter that can be able to help with my promblem, i am in south africa cape town, i need all the help i can get my penis can not XXXXXXX standup in the morning,if i look at the women i mean the is nothing hapening. I did suffer from stds when i was young wich i'm not sure if i was treated well.
Answered by Dr. Abhijeet Deshmukh, 22 hours later

It appears to me that you might have to consult a General Physician to start with. A General Physician will be able to help you diagnose any physical condition that might be leading to the Erectile Dysfunction. One of the commonest physical causes of Erectile Dysfunction is Diabetes Mellitus, but looking at your age, it appears less likely.

Abnormalities in the blood supply to the penile tissue can cause erectile dysfunction. You may need to check for the same through a few tests your GP can prescribe.

You also do not have been getting the early morning erections, which strongly points towards a physical cause involved. Inadequately treated STIs (sexually transmitted infections) can lead to erectile dysfunction.

Once you have consulted a GP you will be directed to appropriate specialist further. You may consider consulting a Urologist and a Sexologist to find out the exact cause behind your problem. You might have to undergo a series of blood tests and ultrasound scanning of the region.

I hope this helps you a bit. We wish you are able to solve your problems soon.

Abhijeet Deshmukh, MD