How is epididymal cyst in the testicle treated ?

General Surgeon
Hey, I am a 41 year old white male and I noticed 2 days ago during my regular exam that I found a very small bump, smaller than a BB that does not seem to be attached to the testicle but in the epididymis. I have always found it on the back side of my testicle and usually vanishes before I can put my finger on it good. It comes and goes and is not always there. It never feels like it is in the same place but always in or near the epididymis. I did manage to get a glimpse of it under the skin and it was very small and white. There is no pain to it and vanishes when I touch it. I am thinking a small cyst. I am scared out of my mind but I do not think it is TC. What are your thoughts?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 4 hours later

Freely mobile lump in the scrotum near epididymis ,on the posterior side ,not attached to the main testicle ,is commonly epididymal cyst (,benign cyst in majority of cases ).Size and shape & color can vary from person to person.Generally it is small ,don`t hurt,until infected.

Chances of testicular cancer (TC) is very very less.If it still bothers or scares you much ,surgical excision of cyst can be considered .

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery.