How is clotisis treated ?

My husband has been ill for sometime, we found out that he had an amobea, very disruptive bowels. Doctor said he may have had a touch of clotisis. He is 62 and was exposed to agent orange in VietNam. Now his tongue is bright yellow and split in the middle. Brushing and scraping does no good. Can you give me some idea what's going on? His doctor doesn't know. Thanks. By the way he has lost a considerable amount of weight is the last 30 to 45 days, approx. 25 lbs. He now weighs 223 and he is 5'11''.
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumanth.P 38 minutes later

His medical history suggests that he is suffering from many ailments.

His tongue being bright yellow and not able to remove by brushing and scraping would
be due to Leukoplakia.

It is more common in smokers and alcoholics.

It mimics like thrush a type of candida infection.

It's usual location is on the tongue .

A biopsy of the lesion confirms the diagnosis.

Removing the source of its occurence like avoiding smoking and alcohol consumption with hygienic oral cavity is important and may cause the lesion to dissapear.

Loss of your weight is due to severe diarrhoea.

If the cause is due to amoeba, you need to take a course of anti amoebic medications.

Once your diarrhoea stops you will regain your weight.

I suggest you to consult other physician if he the present person is not able to diagnose your problem.

Hope I have answered your query.

Follow-up: How is clotisis treated ? 1 hour later
all the pictures that I have looked up once you gave me a name do not even resemble what my husbands tongue looks like. His whole tongue is coated except the edges. He doesn't smoke, chew tobacco or drink alcholic drinks. Is there anything else you can tell me. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Sumanth.P 1 hour later

Nice to see you again.

It could be oral thrush.

It is an infection caused by yeast fungus, Candida albicans.

The predisposing factors for this are diabetes, denture usage, antibiotic usage, poor nutrition and immune deficiency.

A course of anti-fungal drugs might have to be used.

Antifungal lozenges and oral suspensions can also be used.

Hope I have answered your query.

Follow-up: How is clotisis treated ? 13 hours later
How can we treat this oral thrush? I have him on probiotics at this time, is there something else that falls in the catagory of natural medicines or herbs that we can use? Thanks for your help.
Answered by Dr. Sumanth.P 12 hours later

Nice to see you again.

I suggest you to go for anti-fungal medications since they are only used for oral thrush.

There are no herbs used for this.

Hope I have answered your query.

Wishing you speedy recovery.