How is chronic sinusitis and headaches treated ?

A bad headache two days ago. I moved my sunglasses to my head and felt something very sore. I realized I had a very sore vertical line on my head that had not been there. There was no injury. It is a very faint line and is puffy around it. It is very sore to touch. It appears something like a busted blood vessel. It runs down into the inner part of eyebrow. I have mild dizziness but I have that sometimes anyway just due to allergies and drainage probably. My headaches are almost always on this side(right side) and it hurts XXXXXXX in ear and down neck. The headache like this has been going on for years off and on. The sore line on forehead was just two days ago and may not have anything to do with the headache.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 6 hours later

The one sided headache with history of allergies and drainage problems makes me strongly suspicious that the headache you will have frequently is due to sinusitis and in cases of chronic sinusitis there will be pain experience in the scalp which is a referred pain but it rarely presents with a sudden onset as in you .

Hence , I also consider another common condition like superficial thrombophlebitis which could be secondary to many conditions common of them which are being scalp acne , seborrhea ( dandruff ),allergies, deficiency of vitamins etc.Need not worry the condition is not serious but needs medical attention where your scalp has to be examined in detail and the cause elicited.

Heat some pure virgin olive oil in the microwave and massaging it into your scalp, be generous with it and wrap your head in a towel and just let it soak in for at least an hour. Then wash your hair with a very mild shampoo, like baby shampoo. Next, mix 1 cup of warm water with 1 cup of XXXXXXX cider vinegar and rinse your scalp with it. Do this severl time a week. I think this might help your symptoms but you still need to figure out the cause.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.
Follow-up: How is chronic sinusitis and headaches treated ? 1 hour later
I understand most of the response, but to clarify, the pain and the appearance of a busted blood vessel is actually on the forehead, not the scalp. It is very sore like a bruise and you can actually see the puffiness around the vertical raised line on the forehead. It did appear suddenly and was during the time I had the bad headache.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 17 hours later

Thanks for getting back to me.

Well , I would still consider it to be thromboplebitis and the presentation is very typical,the cause of which can be elicited by a physical examination.

Wish yo good health.