How is cervical cancer treated ?

i was diagnoised with stage ivb cervical cancer just with an ultrasound and ct,had a chest x-ray and there is a nodule in my lower left lobe. the doctor said i needed a hysteractomy ASAP. i went to see a specialist and she says i may not have cervical cancer, there is no way to be certain unless they go in and look, she did a pap, biop, and endoc (scraped inside)now i have to wait another 2 weeks and i was told on XXXXXXX 7 that i have cervical cance, my next visit is in 2 weeks, july6. they sheduled appt for a pulmonary it possible i do not have stage ivb if even cer. ca. it has not spread to my liver,bladder,rectum, my ovaries are untouched...could it mesta to my lungs? the right kidney shows prominent lesion to the lower area, the spleen is showing something on the lower base. Should I be worried? a month will have passed before anything done. i am a smoke stopped becuase of the diag. i am 33 i have had a tremndous amount of unexplainable weightloss, no appettie, nausea has recently begun, my body aches started out just on the side this week the right started. i get tired quickly if i try and just keep doing what i normally do. my aunt passed away last may cervical cancer and many of family members that have has some form of cancer
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Cervical and Ovarian Cancer
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 26 minutes later
Hi Blucrush.

Thanks for posting your query and for using Health Care Magic.

Based on your symptoms of Unexplainable weight loss, Poor Appetite, Nausea nodule in the lungs, it appears that you have some systemic disease.

Most of the cervical malignancies can be identified by gross examination of your Gynaecologist. They have taken a best decision. Without a biopsy and histological diagnosis, you cannot say for sure whether its a Cervical Cancer or Not.

Also, Cervical Malignancy can spread to other parts of the body especially lungs without involving other abdominal organs. This is because, spread occurs via blood stream and can bypass the abdominal organs. Your nodule in lung is likely due to spread from the cervix.

I understand your concern and situation.

Looking at the details, its prudent to wait for the Biopsy Results before proceeding further.

I wish to all the best
God Bless You

Hope this answers your query

Thanks and Regards

Dr Kiran