How is bells palsy treated ?

I am 192 pounds, 5'2. I was diagnosed with Bell's Palsy over a week ago but not severe. Now I have a small painful spot in my neck (left side) and also in my left leg I have a spot that is tingly/cramping. Could these be related to the Bell's Palsy?
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 6 hours later

Bells palsy is most of the time caused by viral infections and is a self limiting disease and with near full recover. It does not affect other nerves of the body. Only when you have systemic disease which can affect both the nerves of the body along with the facial nerves. But the symptoms you have described does not indicate systemic disease.

So I consider that the bells palsy and the painful spots are not related to each other. Isolated painful spots may or may or may not be related to the nerve problems. At these point no investigations are required. If these painful spots increase or you develop numbness or paresthesias in the leg or hands needs evaluation. So I would suggest you to wait and watch what happens. If it worsens consult a neurologist for detailed evaluation.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them