How is azoospermia treated ?

Question
sir,

I am 33years old, i have undescended testicals and my semen report is nil sperms. Is there any possibility to increase the semen count?
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 36 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query. I can understand your concern. Basically you are having undescended testicles or cryptorchidism and it is one of the testicular causes of azoospermia (nil sperms). What needs to be done now is to find out where are the undescended testicles.

It may be found in the path of descent from retroperitoneal abdomen to inguinal ring, inguinal canal or may be ectopic in nature. Then if the position of testicles is traced and if possible it is brought to the scrotal sacs after surgery (orchidopexy). But this surgery becomes more complicated if the blood supply is not ample and elastic enough to be stretched into the scrotum.

There are no medicines to improve sperm count in azoospermia and Pre- and post-testicular azoospermia are frequently correctible, while testicular azoospermia due to undescended testicles is often permanent.

In such cases, if you want pregnancy of your partner, IVF with ICSI (intracytoplasmatic sperm injection) and post-orchidopexy after testicular sperm extraction (TESE) allows successful fertilization even with immature sperm or sperm obtained directly from testicular tissue.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Follow-up: How is azoospermia treated ? 2 hours later
Could you suggest me a doctor who is femiliar in testicle operation and fertilization with immature sperm? Iam helpless in this issue. Iam in tamilnadu.

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 4 hours later

Few good male infertility experts for your issue in Tamil Nadu are

1) Andrology and urology clinic in Chennai

2) Dr. P. Vairavel Urology & Andrology Clinic in Channai

and 3) Dr. D. Chandrasekaran's Clinic in Channai.

You can also click on the link to find some good infertility experts and urologists in Tamil Nadu:

WWW.WWWW.WW