How is abdominal pain during pregnancy treated ?

I am 8 weeks pregnant. Its already confirmed with my doctor and am currently having prenatal vitamins.

My next appointment for ultrasound is after 3 days. Now, I have light abdominal pain on right hand side. Is it OK? Pain is not continuous, only rare. I dont have pain right now. Please let me know
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Mild occasional pain in the lower abdomen is a common finding and is usually seen in early pregnancy. There is nothing to worry about it. Most of the times such pain is due to intestinal colics.
If the pain is sharp and persistent then ectopic pregnancy needs to be ruled out by ultrasound scan. For mild occasional pain, you can wait for three days for your routine appointment for ultrasound scan.
Meanwhile take oil free soft and easy to digest food with high fiber content to avoid constipation.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.
Follow-up: How is abdominal pain during pregnancy treated ? 13 hours later
To add furthur, pain happens when I turn or get up and Pain is little below ribs on the right hand side.

I am scared when you mentioned "ectopic pregnancy".
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 46 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
You need not feel scared. Ectopic pregnancy is something that is routinely ruled during early pregnancy.
As per your description, it seems to be a muscle related pain only. So, there is nothing serious to worry. In ectopic pregnancy it is more constant pain in the lower abdomen.
Wishing you an early recovery.