How is Klinefelter's syndrome treated ?

I am 24 years old, for past 3 years my physical appearance becomes so loose and i am not well fit and testes size is also too small. As my observation, i think i have all the symptoms of klinefiller syndrome . I dont know what to do for the treatment. Kindly tell me What are all the possibilities for treatment like therapy. And I want to know the hospital or specific doctor who are good in diagnosis and treatment for this syndrome in Bangalore,Karnataka.
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 32 minutes later

Klinefelter's syndrome is characterized by- Abnormal body proportions (Long legs, Short trunk, shoulder equal to hip size), abnormally large Breasts (Gynecomastia), Infertility, Sexual problems, Less than normal amount of pubic, armpit, and facial hair, Small, firm testicles and Tall height.

Without doing karyotyping, semen count, blood LH, FSH and testosterone levels, it is difficult to diagnose.

You need to consult an Endocrinologist to know the exact diagnosis. To find a good specialist nearest to your place, we have patient written reviews for doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area at

Treatment consists of testosterone therapy and psychotherapy.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: How is Klinefelter's syndrome treated ? 2 hours later
Thanks for your reply. And I want to know about testosterone therapy, whether this treatment is available in Bangalore,Karnataka. kindly tell me approximate expense for the diagnosis as well as treatment. So you mentioned that, the doctor i need to consult can be Endocrinologist. Is there any other specific specialist deals with this Klinefelter syndrome or Endocrinologist is enough....
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 33 minutes later

Thanks for writing again.

The cost of treatment depends on the diagnosis and treating doctor. The treatment is available in Bangalore. An Endocrinologist can take care of your problem.

So, please consult an Endocrinologist nearby your area.

Wishing you an early recovery.