How is HIV transmitted?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Worried about HIV Contacted blood in cuts Hi All, My English not good, please help me on this. on December 26th, I have gone for MRI Scan about my spine problem, before me one women took MRI Scan test for brain and later I took the test however I have noticed some blood in my middle finger, I don’t know where it was came to and I have noticed small pimple in my face with blood. Just now I came to know that she was infected with HIV positive. I don’t know whether she is bleeding blood or not. It is my thinking: I thought if blood at MRI Scan table bed sheet and same attached to middle finger, with same finger blood scratch the pimple in face and get blood. She was died recently and now my worries are like non stoppable. I am worried lot for few thinks 1) If she Belding the blood and same I attached to middle figure and I have attached to my pimple blood, what are changes to get HIV? 2) How much percentage of risk to get infected that to me? 3) Shall I go for test? 4) Does virus will survive at MRI radiations 5) Any suggestions
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: Negligible risk for HIV.Test will relieve tension Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for posting your query. Your risk for HIV is negligible only. Nothing to worry much. As per Centers for diseases Control, Atlanta, USA other than anal sex, vaginal sex and oral sex all other contacts are having only negligible risk for HIV. Even though theoretically speaking, the possibility of a blood contact of a HIV positive individual to a pimple scratch of another individual may have the possibility of transmission of HIV. But practically the chances are very, very remote only. HIV care providers in families of HIV positive individuals and caring HIV positive children and health care providers in Hospitals (doctors, nurses, lab technicians, cleaning staffs) are more prone to get in touch with the blood of these individuals in many occasions, but not getting the diseases so far. So nothing to worry. MRI radiation has no effect on HIV. It is better to go for a test and ruling out the possibility of HIV will relieve your unnecessary tension. Otherwise it will disturb you in future even for any illness. DR S.Murugan