How is HIV transmitted?

Question
Hello Doctor I had fingered a CSW with nail cuticles 7 months ago ive recently started to worry abt it , are there any chances i can get infected with hiv ? Regards XXXX
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 32 hours later
Brief Answer: Need not worry Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Venereal diseases, working with an experienced HIV/AIDS specialist. I answer on his behalf. With the exposure you mentioned above I would consider the chances of infection are very less. For any of the infections to gain entry you must have a bleeding wound on the fingers that time. Also the status of the CSW you were exposed to is unknown, the chances of her being clean must be considered. Regards,

Follow-up: How is HIV transmitted? 1 minute later
Even with nail cuticles .. Should i worry ..

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, Detailed Answer: Hi, If you mean peeled or damaged nail cuticles, I still consider the chances are less. regards,

Follow-up: How is HIV transmitted? 8 minutes later
I cant recollect if the cuticle on the finger was a day old . Is a test necessary

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: no Detailed Answer: Hi again, I do not think a test is necessary. Its always your wish, you can get the test done to be sure on your doubt. Wish you god health.

Thanks alot doctor .. Have a good day :)

Brief Answer: You are welcome Detailed Answer: Thanks for using this service. regards,

Follow-up: How is HIV transmitted? 46 hours later
Is it necessary for ARS to show up .. I never had any symptoms after this fingering incident .. Should i be worried or am i ok

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, Detailed Answer: Hi, ARS is presented in almost all cases of HIV infection. Need not worry, if you did not have it. Regards,

Follow-up: How is HIV transmitted? 4 minutes later
Im only worried coz i have nail cuticles .. I have never had any symptoms after the fingering exposure .. Am i to be concerned or can i move on and forget about this

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: No need to worry Detailed Answer: Hi, Need not worry, Wish you good health. Regards,

Follow-up: How is HIV transmitted? 10 hours later
Decided to go for a test tomorrow . What do you suggest ?

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 11 hours later
Brief Answer: go ahead Detailed Answer: Hi, Go ahead and get tested if you wish. Regards,